Friday, January 29, 2010

Embroidered nuno felt


This little piece started out using Merino wool fibre felted to some silk chiffon/charmeuse. The silk shows up minimally, to say the least! I think I should have left out the charmeuse as the weave is too tight. I dyed it with Kool-Aid, then overdyed with Gaywool dye. I really like Gaywool's product, because it works well on wool, but also on silk and nylon. Great for dyeing nylon lace. I used a combo of commercially dyed silk yarn and my own new hand dyed silk yarn for the embroidery. I like experimenting with the 3-dimensional stitchery.

3 comments:

niknik said...

Это просто сказка!

Micki said...

I like this little piece. It's quite lovely.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments.

Deepa said...

Absolutely beautiful!!