Friday, January 29, 2010
This little piece started out using Merino wool fibre felted to some silk chiffon/charmeuse. The silk shows up minimally, to say the least! I think I should have left out the charmeuse as the weave is too tight. I dyed it with Kool-Aid, then overdyed with Gaywool dye. I really like Gaywool's product, because it works well on wool, but also on silk and nylon. Great for dyeing nylon lace. I used a combo of commercially dyed silk yarn and my own new hand dyed silk yarn for the embroidery. I like experimenting with the 3-dimensional stitchery.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Here's a little felted needle case. The dark brown background was wet felted. A smaller piece of nuno felting was needle felted, stitched, and then attached to the background piece. I added some linen swatches inside to keep pins, needles and what-knots! I'll add some embroidery on these "pages" as the feeling strikes me. I had a little beaded piece that I didn't know what to do with, so added it at the back to house a small pair of scissors.
Love that nuno felting...........
First on the agenda, I made a small piece using natural Merino wool and light-weight silk chiffon. After felting, I dyed the piece with Kool-Aid, but didn't like it so re-dyed it with acid dye. I liked it much better. I used Gaywool's Acid dye. What a great product!